Amegy Bank is looking to add a team player who can help others in the community reach their financial goals. This workplace culture values each associate's unique experiences, background and perspectives and provides a collaborative environment for all associates to grow and thrive.
As a Personal Banker will provide top notch customer service and support customers by opening new accounts and offer additional services that would help customers fulfill their financial needs. Recent experience in sales, teller, new accounts, or loan processing is required!
Responsibilities for Personal Banker
- Provide full-service banking services to new and existing customers within the branch/financial center, with a primary focus on sales and service
- Process all financial transactions accurately and in a timely manner within established authorized limits and other customer service duties within the branch/financial center
- Open new accounts, update accounts, originate and close consumer loans, and perform client services issues
- Execute the sales discovery process and manage customer relationships
- Conduct assessments with clients to determine their financial needs and make appropriate recommendations
- Make appropriate referrals for other bank products and services, including commercial lending products and follow up with clients as needed.
- Execute inside and outside sales calls to prospects and established customers
- Establish, expand, and maintain a strong customer relationship by providing extensive, personalized service focused on the specific needs of each banking customer
- Support retail objectives and initiatives in capitalizing on business opportunities that directly or indirectly influence the production of revenue and risk of loss
- Meet with the Branch Service Manager/Branch Manager daily to discuss progress in reaching individual and branch goals
- Resolve customer service issues and client concerns through direct personal action or by referring to an alternative bank department resource
Requirements for Personal Banker
- High School diploma or equivalent and a minimum of 2+ years’ experience in sales, teller, new accounts, loan processing or other directly related experience, an equivalent combination of education and experience may meet qualifications
- Previous experience in a financial sales representative-oriented role with knowledge of consumer lending applications processes and procedures preferred
- Meeting sales goals and/or sales referral goals experience preferred
- Proficient knowledge of math, cashiering and standard banking products, services, and transactions
- Strong customer service, interpersonal, communication, and relationship building skills
- Effective selling, cross-selling, and referral skills
- Strong negotiation, attention to detail and time management skills
- Must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds