Samsung SDS is looking for a stellar Customs Writer to support the operations team based in Plano, TX! If you're great at multitasking, have excellent customer service skills and a keen eye to detail, then we want to talk to you!
As a Customs Writer you will be responsible for ensuring all assigned customs entry documents and related filings are processed accurately and in a timely manner. Experience and knowledge of US Customs Requirements and other Government Agencies is required!
Please note that this employer requires all applicants for on-site roles to be fully vaccinated for Covid 19.
Responsibilities for Customs Entry Writer
- Receive, review, and distribute documentation in ensure regulatory compliance of a variety of participating government agencies
- Interface with U.S. Customs and other government agencies
- Track duties, tariffs and taxes payable and process payments on behalf of client
- Adherence to procedures and productivity standards
- Coordinate customs duties, payments and file the shipments
- Forward necessary reports to USDA & require terminals, for quality handling of shipments
- Process duty check payment to U.S. Customs and billing
- Complete workload duties within normal and reasonable processing times
- Ensure maximum customer service satisfaction through interaction with clients and other company business units
Requirements for Customs Entry Writer
- Knowledge of US Customs Requirements and other Government Agencies, required
- Knowledge of domestic and international geography including countries, major cities along with basic knowledge of the U.S. Regulatory Laws preferred
- Analytical, and excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Strong cross-functional teamwork, collaboration and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in MS Products
- May be required to work additional hours outside of regularly scheduled business hours
- Helpful to have logistics/Import experience