Bring your customer service experience to this highly rated optometric center as a Front Desk Receptionist/Optometric Assistant. Excellent opportunity to grow in customer service, healthcare, or optometry/vision careers.
You must have a minimum of 1 year of customer service or relevant experience. We are a friendly office that offers opportunities to grow and develop skills.
Spanish or Farsi is a plus, not required.
- Assist patients with frame selections. Be able to learn how to recommend and educate patients on lens options based on their prescription for single vision, bifocal, or progressive lenses.
- Authorize insurance (VSP and Eyemed) and go over patient's benefits
- Dispense eyewear; Adjust/repair frames
- Creating/entering lab and contact lens orders and submitting claims online.
- Contact Lens training
- Scheduling appointments
- Pre-Testing all patients and entering patient data on Eyefinity platform
- Be able to complete tasks and follow up with patients within a timely manner
- Maintain a friendly attitude and professional demeanor
- Detail oriented, reliable, ability to multitask
- Customer service: 1+ year
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Ophthalmology experience is a plus, not required
- Familiarity with insurance verification and patient benefits is a plus, not required
- US work authorization (Preferred)