an hr + benefits
Extendable contract offered by HR Partner (Metabyte)
Immediately Hiring an IT Helpdesk Specialist!
Samsung SDS is looking for a stellar Information Technology Help Desk Specialist to support its team in San Jose, CA! If you're great at multitasking and have excellent customer service skills, then we want to talk to you!
As a team member for IT Help Desk support, you will be the main point of contact for customers! You will answer questions, look into IT problems and find solutions.
Please note that this employer requires all applicants for on-site roles to be fully vaccinated for Covid 19.
Responsibilities for IT Helpdesk
- Install and configure PC’s and Mac’s, printers and peripherals within established standards and guidelines
- Install new hardware and software upgrades requested from users
- Analyze and solve technical problems by using problem-solving skills
- Conduct analysis and troubleshooting via telephone, email and using remote assistance
- Assist visitors and VIPs with the ongoing usability of PC, peripheral devices and software
- Provide on-site technical support and end-user technical training at assigned sites which may include travel to remote sites
- Create and update Microsoft-based OS Image and Apple OS X for internal usage
- Provide technical support for IT services in conference rooms
- Assist employees in company events, such as exhibits
- May be asked to lead Projects and/or technology evaluations and make recommendations to Management team
- Able to travel up to 20% to remote offices located in US
Requirements for IT Helpdesk
- 2 year degree or higher OR equivalent work experience with HS degree OR Military experience
- Working knowledge of fundamental operations of relevant software, hardware and other equipment
- Great customer relation skills
- Sensitivity to working with an ethnically, linguistically, and culturally diverse environment
- High level of organizational skills and attention to detail
- Knowledge of Windows OS in enterprise environment
- Understanding of PC technology (MS office, Internet, Windows)
- Project Management Fundamentals