Samsung SDS is looking for a Logistics Coordinator for their Duluth, GA location! Samsung SDS plays a leading role in the global market with unique logistics services. If you are self-motivated and can work with a cross-functional team, we want to hear from you!
As a Logistics Coordinator you will focus on meeting customers' expectations while improving delivery cycle operations. You will oversee destination transportation operations and coordinate transportation projects. Experience with logistics operations from factory to distribution center is required. Ability to speak Korean is a must!
Please note that this employer requires all applicants for on-site roles to be fully vaccinated for Covid 19.
Responsibilities for Logistics Coordinator
- Develop and maintain operational plans to include all business requirements of customers
- Provide pricing for ocean/air/trucking freight with carriers, 3rd party logistics providers
- SOP/Work Instructions maintenance and ensuring operational best practice in line with customer requirements as well as ensure operational SOP compliance
- Ability to recognize the strengths and weaknesses of each team member and effectively help them improve performance
- Responsible for developing and enforcing standard operating procedures to comply with all local, state and federal regulations related to shipments and transportation
- Build relationships with carriers, vendors, and internal team members
- Help resolve any freight problems that may arise
- Constantly evaluates and challenges current logistics- practices for long term growth of the company
- Learn and follow company work hours, policies, procedures and rules governing professional staff behavior
Requirements for Logistics Coordinator
- 3+ years of work experience in freight forwarding or logistics industry (Ocean import)
- Ability to speak Korean
- Highly organized with ability to manage multiple projects, while paying close attention to detail
- Proficient using Transportation Management Systems
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Works well under pressure and has a sense of urgency
- Proficient using Microsoft Office Suite: Excel, PP, Word
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time