Full-Time: Extendable contract offered by HR Partner (Metabyte)
Samsung SDS is looking to add a Shipping and Receiving Clerk to oversee and facilitate the operations of their warehouse based in Plano, TX! You will effectively monitor and manage the shipment processes.
As a Shipping and Receiving Clerk, you will manage relationships with carriers and monitor delivery schedules from the warehouse. This role is a critical support function and plays a key role in driving growth through effective execution.
Please note that this employer requires all applicants for on-site roles to be fully vaccinated for Covid 19.
SCROLL DOWN TO APPLY BELOW! You may learn more about us on our company website, but please do not call our office regarding job applications. #SDSLC1
Responsibilities for Shipping and Receiving Clerk
- Monitor and manage the drayage process of shipment movement
- Search plan B drayage carriers
- Share with daily container delivery schedules with drayage carriers
- Analyze, create, edit, track and trace select LSPs such as drayage carriers, rail companies, rail terminals
- Monitor and drive improvement to customer service goals including on-time delivery, product lead-times, and request-for-quote responsiveness
- Report monthly on Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) for drayage deliveries
- Document corrective actions and improvement plans
Requirements for Shipping and Receiving Clerk
- 2+ years of transportation or supply chain logistics experience
- Strong understanding of international transportation (especially ocean shipping) / forwarding industry
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite: Excel, PP, Word
- Excellent project and people management skills
- Great written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Able to travel up to 20% in domestic and international